Saturday, October 1, 2011

Sunday, August 29, 2010...Busy Times

  • We just finished up putting on a week long Holiday Bible Time/Vacation Bible School. We started the week with our three (kids) plus one and ended the week with our three plus seven...all boys. It was pretty fun. A success. And my boys are already looking forward to next summer. It was a lot of time and work on our part, but when I hear Seth and Jason going around the house saying "What time I am afraid, I will trust in Thee" then I know that even if that was all they learned...it was worth it.
  • Jason is doing SO much better. I'm glad that his medicine (homeopathic) is fast working, unfortunately it is also just as fast in not working if we forget to give him a dose, so we really need to stay on top of that. It is hard to believe that just 5 drops 3 times a day could make such a difference in him. He calls it the "medicine that makes you not be angry" and will recommend it to his siblings if one of them is having a temper. lol!
  • I've been doing some more decorating. Elisa's room has been painted and curtained. I'll share pictures once I've added a few more things. Right now the only things in her room are her crib, 2 throw pillows, 2 drying racks (they have to go somewhere lol!) and a sheepskin. I've purchased bunting to hang and there are plans to get a pop-up tent sometime in the future, but that might be a while. I love the colors I chose for her... Very fun and bright.
  • We got a Wii. Can't say that I was too thrilled with the whole idea. I'd rather they play with wooden blocks and cloth dolls lol!, but they have so much fun with it I guess I will just have to tolerate it. Paul (4 years old) is the champion of Swordplay. Oh, that is one good thing about it...they can sword fight without actually hurting anyone. :) Anyway, only Caleb can beat him once in a while. He is that good...don't know how he does it. I also don't need to worry about them being all lazy playing video games. They get hot and sweaty every time. They think you need to put more energy into it to win. I wish we had a video recorder...it's hilarious watching them play. Paul has this one move he does while sword playing. Something like this at 2:09. Cracks me up every time.
  • I'm potty training Morgan tomorrow. It's do or die time now. I missed his "perfect moment". He decided he was ready while I was 9+ months pregnant and unable to cope with it. I made him wait and now he doesn't want to and doesn't care. So it's going to be a bit of a challenge with him. I'm going to have Elisa (18 months) do it with him in hopes that it will encourage him along. And who knows maybe I'll get lucky and Elisa will catch on early.

No comments: