Wednesday, October 12, 2011

First Snow of October

The 7th of October to be exact.  I'm suppose to be posting pictures of pumpkin patches, apple picking, piles of crunchy leaves and corn mazes.  But, no...we had snow.  A little early for my liking, but on the other hand, the kids were thrilled.  We had smiles all around, except for Tesni... she wasn't quite as happy.


Paul, the boy who was making "dirt angels" not too long ago, got to make "snow angels" instead...


















Jason made several new friends...


It took about an hour to get everyone bundled up.  The layers of clothes, hats, gloves, coats, boots...it seemed neverending.  And, of course, as I was getting the last one out the door the first ones were cold and wanting back in.  Being, the compassionate mother that I am, I told them..., Uh uh, you're going to stay out there at least as long as it took me to get everyone ready. 

Does this face look tramatized for being made to play in the snow a bit longer?


No, I'd say not. And it gave me enough time to get ready myself so I could join Caleb and the kids outside for a bit of fun.  We even have photographs of me which is truly a rare thing...even more rare than an October 7th snow.



2 comments:

Be Thou Exalted said...

Great pictures! Looks like fun, even though I'm not a snow person!

Unknown said...

Dawn these pictures are great! My kids can't wait to play in the snow either. I really enjoy reading your blog. God bless you and your beautiful family! :)