Tuesday, October 4, 2011

ec·o·nom·i·cal

1. Giving good value or service in relation to the amount of money, time, or effort spent

With Caleb looking for work I tried to think of some good fun we could do as a family over the summer that did not include much money.  We've played a lot of games like Chess and Monopoly.  I've taught them Skipo and a couple other card games as well.  We visited the local park and library regularly.  So often that I even heard somebody refer to us as the "library and park people".  Haha.

We are also the "campfire people". 

Twice a week we sit around the firepit in our front yard and roast hotdogs and marshmallows.  Well, Caleb and I roast marshmallows...the kids burn them.

I love to see their excitement...how happy it makes them.
I love the good family time of feeling close and connected.
I love the memories we're making.

Economical indeed.

What about you?  What kind of economical fun does your family enjoy?

3 comments:

Mrs. VK said...

Hi Dawn!!! So happy to "see you" PLEASE email me! I have had you on my mind and heart often waiting and wishing you'd write soon... your children are looking so good ~ one of my girls had a dress just like your little one in the first picture.

Lydia said...

I love this post. We recently have had a need to reign in a bit and really refocus our intention on finances - trying to live a full and interesting life with our children while spending little or nothing. We have a fire pit out back and the kids are always game for a fire and marshmallows. Wonderful family memories you are making!

Unknown said...

There is hardly anything that compares to a good campfire :) Because we are clearing out our land right now, we always seem to have many piles of brush around. Definitely makes for good times. :)