Saturday, October 1, 2011

Sunday, July 11, 2010.... Stuff

  • Leftovers for lunch today. Lentils, re-fried beans with corn chips, cauliflower and sweet potato... aren't you all incredibly jealous. Ooh, careful there, you're going to drool on your keyboard. Haha!
  • I went to a breastfeeding support group on Tuesday. Only because it's a way to meet other moms... not for the breastfeeding support since I could probably run the group myself. lol! I've found that where ever we go we are sort of a crazy novelty... (That's the family with 6 kids in 7 years...Let's everybody stare and count. ...Hey, look. There's one more in the back!) It was no different at the group even though I only had Tesni with me. So that was a little awkward at first, but it was okay by the end. Of course, I was asked how I do it which is always a weird question for me because there are so many things that simply don't get done. So that is what I told them... that I've learned to let a lot of things go. Well, apparently what I thought was common sense was actually pure genius. lol! Everyone was in awe and inspired and the lady in charge wrote it down in her notes so she could share that little gem with other moms. Haha. People are funny!
  • I've finally started decorating the house a bit. I was waiting until we got all the furniture we need, but I've realized that we already have all the furniture we are going to have for the time being so I might as well hang pictures up. My decorations don't fit this house as well, but it's nice to look like we're settling in.
  • Thursday there is usually a mother/toddler group at the library which I've started attending. It was canceled last week, but I walked into town anyway as it's my day. I check all the little charity shops and just have some quiet time with just Tesni. I was suppose to meet a friend on the main street, but we never did find each other. lol! So we are going to try again this week. Mother's group and then out for coffee. It should be fun...I'm looking forward to it.
  • Morgan has made a lot of progress with his speech over the last 2 months. We can understand about 50% now and just this week I've noticed he has moved past the baby babbling stage and he wants to really talk now. Sometimes he stands there and so intently tries to make us understand. I feel bad for him. It must be so frustrating for him even though he is very good about not being understood.
  • And a picture just because I want to share her cuteness. :)


No comments: