Saturday, October 1, 2011

Saturday, May 30, 2009....Where to Begin?

Our flight went shockingly smooth. The boys were great...well behaved. Something funny... The plane was in a 3 seat...aisle...3 seat set up. As we situating ourselves the lady who was to have the window seat on the right side arrived. "I specifically requested NO CHILDREN!" is what she said. LOL! Half the children on the plane where sitting in her row. :) Thankfully she was able to be moved so we ended up with the whole row.

This year back is going to be harder than even I imagined. We've been dealing with jet lag. Boys waking up between 2 and 4 in the morning and crashing by 5 o'clock at night. Parents dead tired. We've been adjusting to hot weather. It's been in the 80's here. 70's is a heat wave in Wales. My feet are so swollen from the heat...even my crocs are tight.

Everything is so huge and overwhelming. Shopping is a nightmare. I don't know where anything is in these huge stores that contain more things for sale than what was in our entire town. We were at the mall the other day and Seth asked "Are you able to buy soccer shoes in this village?"

I can't drive yet. I am constantly feeling like we are on the wrong side of the road.

I always feel like it is harder to adjust...more of a shock coming back to America than it is going to Wales. I was thinking the other day that maybe this is because going to live in a foreign country we expect it to be different. We are faced with new things and we adjust because that is what we are to do.

Coming back to America we expect it to be the same...to feel familiar. And it doesn't. Everything feels strange.

...I want to go home. I want to wake up in my bed. Feed Elisa in my rocking chair. Make breakfast in my kitchen. Keep my own chaotic routine.

I just. want. to. go. home.
I don't know how I'm going to do this for a year. I don't think I have the strength

No comments: