Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Memorial

Today, at approximately 1:30 in the afternoon, Paul's hair met an early death.


At the tender age of just 2 years, the hair was cut from it's source of life and ceased to grow.


It was soft and silky and beautiful! I loved it.


Oh, poor baby hair!


Just yesterday Paul's hair was alive and happy,


and now, today, in the few short minutes it took to walk from kitchen to office the crime was committed and the hair is gone.


Why is it that I have a hard time finding scissors when I need some, but Jason can find them in just a few seconds of unguarded time?


It's hard to tell how long it will be before Paul's hair returns to it's former beauty...I'm guessing at least a year.


Jason, after taking his punishment, gleefully said to his victim..."HeHeHe! You're not Paul anymore!" (I just loved his repented spirit.) But he is wrong. This new buzzed boy is still my precious Paul even if he does look like a little stranger to me.

Tomorrow I will grow accustomed to his new look, but today...

...today I am mourning.

7 comments:

The Herd said...

I came over from Lauren's blog...we too will be missionaries starting this summer to St. Petersburg , Russia...I can't blog about it yet, but we are going!
I can't tell you how many times my kids have found the scissors! So, I feel the pain!! Boys are much easier to fix than girls though:) I am glad I have both!

Be Thou Exalted said...

Thanks for the encouragement. Its been recommended that we wait until we've reached 100%, but we've agreed to at least hit 90%. We've been saving, too.

Unknown said...

Aww... he looks older, but still just as cute!

Stephanie said...

He is still so cute! I really ejoy your blog.

Melissa said...

Oh no, poor Paul and poor mommy!!I cried when we cut my youngest hair off and that was intentional so I can imagine your pain when you discovered this crime. It took me awhile to get use to Ben's new look, but now I love it. I think Paul still looks so cute! Before you know it his hair will be back.

Dana said...

Oh no! He still is just SUCH a cutie! It may just grow back even quicker than you imagine. Hey maybe you're going to have a hair stylist in your family. Was Paul a "willing" client? Great post by the way.....

Dear Abbi said...

I would be in mourning too! But he is adorable with or without his beautiful hair. Great pics!