Friday, August 31, 2007

No Baby Yet

Can't say I am shocked though. I feel like this baby is settling in for the long haul. I am not having much pre labor or Braxton Hicks contractions. I'm not dilated or even effaced. He is not even engaged as he called that off soon after he became engaged a few weeks ago. : ( BUT...thankfully he is not breached. : )

My midwife's sixteen year old son died last week. She was waiting for him at the bus stop. He tried to cross the street in front of the bus and was hit by a car passing the bus. She saw the whole terrible thing happen. I can not imagine the pain she and her family are going through right now. And to see it happen...that scene is going to play through her mind over and over for the rest of her life. Where is he spending eternity? is the question playing through my mind. It breaks my heart...

So, needless to say, I will not be having the midwife I wanted to. I have met 3 of the 4 other midwives now. I especially liked 1 of them as her favorite kind of birth is a water birth and she seemed all for doing things naturally. The NHS (National Health Service) policy has just recently changed to support water births. So I don't have to be the rebel and go against the policy to get my water birth.

On a different note,
Paul looks like he has been in a fight. He fell down the stairs last night. This morning his cheek is bruised and he has a black eye. Poor little guy!

2 comments:

joy said...

oh my! so sorry to hear about the tragedy in your midwife's family. every moms worst nightmare.....

how far along are u now? how far have u gone with your previous pregnancies?

no success here on our efforts for baby #3. God's timing though!!!!

thinking of you!

Dana said...

Dawn, thanks so much for the comment on my blog. It's nice to hear from you!
Your boys are SO cute!!! I'm sure they're just as rowdy as mine can be! So, are you POSITIVE this baby is a boy? I was told my 4th boy was a girl.....4 ultrasounds said girl! I hope things go well with the delivery.
I'm so sad to hear about the loss of your midwife's son! What a horrific thing for a mother to have to see. I cannot even imagine the pain she and her family must be in right now....