Monday, September 1, 2008

Amazed

Every little thing that you do...


Baby, I'm amazed by you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took Jason out this morning to pick up acceptable foods for him. I took him with me so that Caleb could feed the other boys their breakfast at home. Up until noon was really rough. Crying most of the time, but not so out of control that he wouldn't walk with me while we shopped. I just ignored his wailing...there was nothing I could do to help him. This afternoon was a complete turn around. He's been sweet. No outbursts. No anger. No destructiveness. I have hope once more.

Someone asked what he is allowed to eat. For the next few days he is limited to:
  • Rice...including rice cakes and puffed rice, as well as his plain rice.
  • Bananas...we also have banana chips. The kind that are brown because of no preservatives.
  • Melons...we have watermelon.
  • Pears
  • Dates
  • Pineapple...we also have this in juice form.
He could also have a few other fruits, but I don't think he would be interested in them. Thankfully he actually likes plain rice and dry rice cakes. I did get some pear puree that he could spread on his rice cakes, but that was a no go. We will try it again later. I think he was just being a stinker. As long as no one is eating other things in front of him I don't think he will complain too much about what he is eating.

Also, because of his age we should see results in as little as a few days. So this Spartan fare should not even last a week. Older children take several weeks to show improvement.

Tomorrow is the first day of school. Thinking about sending him with a sign around his neck..."DON'T FEED ME!" lol! Just kidding. But we will be telling his teachers not to give him anything.

No comments: