Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Update on Dad

I was finally able to talk with my dad today. It was nice to hear his voice and he sounded really well. He was able to go home just this morning.

They kept him longer then they said because his heart beat had been irregular so they were watching it. Two days ago they put him under again to use the paddles and give his heart a bit of a jump start. It's amazing what we do to medically fix people these days. Well, it worked and his heart started working right.

So he is home. The pain is pretty good, just has a few sore spots. He will be recuperating for about 2 months with walks to build his strength. They've started his new diet. Yesterday was his birthday and they had angel food cake, which is apparently heart friendly. I am so glad God allowed him to live to see 55 and that he was here to wish Seth a happy birthday today.

And Seth was right, Dad. Fifty-five candles is a lot of candles. :)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

RYC:I haven't done any digital scrapbooking. Is it easy?

Melissa said...

I didn't realize my comment posted on this post.

So happy to hear your dad is now home recovering. I will continue to pray for a speedy recovery.