Saturday, November 3, 2007

Rest, Relaxation and Running Around

I am getting plenty of the three R's during my mid-term holiday.

Monday and Tuesday were lazy days. Doing nothing more then what having four little boys requires. Oh, and trying to catch up on laundry. "Catching up on laundry" reminds me of a dog chasing his tail...an unachievable goal. lol!

Wednesday we did a thorough cleaning of the downstairs in preparation for company that night. We had the Treharnes over for dinner. Caleb made pancakes. Flaxseed pancakes, cornmeal pancakes and chocolate chip pancakes. Yum! Everybody loved them.

Thursday we had Alex and Adrianne over for dinner in our already cleaned house.

Friday I took Seth shopping to get a few things to put in his Christmas shoebox. He had fun picking out things for "the little boy in Africa". Teen night...besides six kids popping in for a few minutes nobody came. So Caleb and I played ping pong while the boys ran around eating cookies and chips.

Today I used my gift certificate and treated Adrianne and myself to pedicures in Llanfairfechan. We had a lovely time. The pedicure was wonderful...very relaxing. It was fun to have a girl's plus Morgan day out. Morgan was a good little boy and slept nearly the whole time. I made an appointment to go back next week for a hair cut.

I miss my sisters. I would have taken them for a girl's day out if I could have.

Tomorrow we are meeting up with a pastor and his wife from Washington. They are vacationing over here and would like to meet us. We are going to church together and then home for lunch.

So now, feeling refreshed, I am ready to start back to class bright and early Monday morning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Dawn, It sounds like you had a very nice week. I am glad you had a break and some fun. Love the pictures keep them coming.I will call tomorrow. Love you all. Mom

Dana said...

Dawn, I am fairly new to reading your blog. Can you tell me how it is that you ended up WAY over there having grown up in the states? Are you guys doing missionary work? Is hubby from England? At any rate, it sounds like an awesome adventure! Is it?....

Barbie said...

Hi, Dawn! I am glad that you were able to have some time to relax! I'm sure it gets crazy with 4 little ones. I'm glad you got to pamper yourself for a little while. How is your ministry work going? What church do you attend? Is it English or Welsh-speaking?
Have a great day!
Love, Barbie