Sunday, October 14, 2007

Baby Blessing

Morgan has gotten really fussy lately. I must be eating something he doesn't like, but I haven't figured out what it is yet. He wants to be held constantly, which is fine during the week at my class, but at home during the weekend the other boys want my attention too. I am glad Caleb is here to share the load.

Today some ladies in a nearby church gave me a "Baby Blessing". It was really fun to get together with them. Since Morgan doesn't need anything they gave me a 50.00 gift certificate to a beauty parlor. I could get a hair cut, manicure, pedicure, massage, facial....Oh! The choices! One thing I know I will do is get my eyebrows done. I have never done that before, but have heard good things about it.

I read the book "Curly Girl" and have followed it's advice for the last month and here are the results.

Before...


After...

You can see I am in need of a hair cut, but that is not what I am pointing out. lol! The advice is to not use shampoo just conditioner and no hairbrush. I have always said my hair is at it's nicest just before I washed it once a week. It would then take about 5 days to recover from the washing. Without the shampoo it doesn't frizz or poof and as you can see it curls. The color hasn't changed that is just lighting. I hardly used a brush as it was because I already knew that was a frizz guarantee. I am really happy with the new look. I never thought I could be poof-free.

I can't wait to get my hair trimmed....definitely doing that too.

No comments: