Thursday, August 2, 2007

Midwife Appointment

I think I am in the clear. The boys are better and I am still healthy. So, Yeah! for me!
I saw the midwife yesterday. My glucose intolerance test came back very good. 7 is high and I was a 4...well within normal! I am 35 weeks and Baby is measuring at 37 weeks. She says he feels big, too. Guess I should dig out the 3-6 month clothes for him. lol! (Just kidding.) My blood pressure is good, too. With my others my blood pressure went up a bit in the end, but hasn't so far...happy about that. Baby is still in the head down position.

I will be seeing her every week from here on out. So I see her again on Friday. I will also be meeting the other 4 midwives who work the area. Now this part is really strange for me. If I go into labor during the day I could get any one of the 5 midwives that I would have met. If I go into labor at night I will get a midwife from a town 1/2 hour away who I will not have met. So, most likely I will get a midwife who is a perfect stranger! I don't like that at all. Maybe, we will call her after we already know it is too late for her to get here in time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are very brave to want to go it w/o a midwife. I was in a practice with 5 gyn's and you got whoever was on shift at the time. I personally didn't care as long as they got the baby out...lol

So how about a new belly shot??

joy said...

hey dawn...

yes, meg and i still keep in touch. she was married a year or two ago. her name is now megan corbizer. she lives in west virginia.